After Acceptance - Transfers
THE NEXT STAGE
Congratulations on your admission to Georgia’s Public Liberal Arts University. The steps below are things to remember that will help you through your post-acceptance. Some of this information will be within your acceptance package.
- Locate your GCID. Your GCID is the nine-digit number located on your acceptance letter.
- Finalize your acceptance by submitting your Intent to Enroll (INTRO). This starts your registration process and provides important information to your major department to meet your registration goals. Login into your PAWS portal to start your INTRO process.
- Meet with your academic advisor. Undeclared and students with less than 60 hours are counseled through the Center for Student Success. Students with more than 60 hours will be advised by faculty member from their academic department.
- Apply for housing and submit your housing deposit. You can find out more about housing options here.
- Apply for FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can find out more about financial aid here.
- Verify your Lawful Presence with the GC Admissions Office. You can find out more about Lawful Presence here.
- Set up your BOBCAT GMAIL email account. This information can be found on your acceptance letter. Remember to set this up right away as this is the official way the university will communicate with you.
- Log into your PAWS portal to access your student-record and to review your DegreeWorks evaluation to see how your transfer credits were applied to your intended major.
- Register for Orientation. Orientation is not required but is strongly recommended. This will allow you the opportunity to take care of any official business before your semester begins. You can view orientation dates here.
- Submit final transcripts from your last semester at your previous institution. Remember that “In Progress” courses should not be on your final transcript
- Submit your Immunization Record to the Registrar’s Office