Fall Semester Timeline
Fall semester decisions for first-time freshmen begin in December and continue until enrollment goals have been met. It is recommended that students apply as early as possible to be considered for admission, university housing, and scholarship funding/need-based financial aid.
Early Action – November 1
- Early Action applies to Fall Semester freshmen only.
- Early Action is non-binding and provides students with an early decision without obligation to enroll.
- Prospective freshmen participating in Early Action must submit their completed application package by November 1.
- Notification of admission decision will be mailed in December.
Regular Admission – January 1 through April 1
- Prospective freshmen will submit their completed application package by April 1.
- Notification of admission will be made on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
Late applicants and wait-listed students
- After April 1 late applicants and wait-listed students will be evaluated on a rolling basis subject to space availability.
Student confirmation deposit and required housing contract – May 1
- All admitted first-time freshmen wishing to reserve a seat in the freshman class must submit the following:
- a $200 non-refundable enrollment confirmation deposit
- a $235 housing application fee & security deposit ($200 of which is refundable up to May 1).
- Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of Georgia College as their college choice, especially since room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority. Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package. Any students admitted after May 1 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
- Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Spring Semester Timeline
Freshmen applying for Spring semester are evaluated once the file is complete with all supporting documents received. Evaluations and notifications are processed on a rolling basis. Students are strongly encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible and well in advance of the posted deadline.
- Qualified students are admitted on a space available basis.
- Prospective Spring freshmen will submit their complete application package by Nov. 1.
- The enrollment confirmation deposit ($200) and housing contract, application fee and deposit ($225) are due by Dec. 1.
- Freshmen entering Spring Semester will be required to live on campus for one semester.