President's Scholarship Competition
One day could pay for your entire college education!
December 4, 2015
You’ve worked hard throughout high school and developed an impressive academic record. We want to see you rewarded for all that effort. That’s why we created the President’s Scholarship Competition (PSC).
The PSC provides an opportunity for high-achieving high school seniors from across the country to compete for Georgia College’s most prestigious scholarships. The PSC awards scholarships to incoming first-year students with superior academic accomplishments. These are among the most prestigious – and competitive – awards offered to freshmen.
- Trustee Scholarships ($6,000 per year/$24,000 total)
- Presidential Scholarships ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
- Esther Cathy Endowed Presidential Scholarship (2)
- Joseph and Patricia Samprone Presidential Scholarship
- Chandler Family endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Vera L. Vincent Scholarship for Liberal Arts and Sciences Study ($3,000 per year/$12,000 total)
Plus several more awards for top competitors—some of which include a travel stipend to study abroad and expand your liberal arts experience.
Each year, approximately 60 students come to the Georgia College campus for the day-long scholarship competition. Students will interview with faculty, interact with current students, participate in a classroom experience and explore the beautiful campus.
To be considered for the President's Scholarship Competition, you must:
- Be a current High School Senior.
- Apply for admission to Georgia College prior to the competition.
- Submit a President's Scholarship Competition (PSC) Interest Form*
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1250 (combined Critical Reading and Math) or an ACT Composite Score of 28.
- Submit a letter or recommendation from a teacher or school counselor (this may be submitted with your application for admission).
- Submit a resume of activities, awards, leadership roles, etc. (this may be submitted with your application for admission).
- Participate in the entire day-long competition.
- Once a student has submitted all required materials, the reviewing committee will select a limited number of students to attend the completion.
The competition includes a personal interview with Georgia College faculty members and a class discussion with faculty and other student competitors. You'll also have an opportunity to meet previous scholarship recipients, fellow prospective students and a chance to tour campus.
New Student Programs