Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. However, students are not guaranteed review after the posted application deadline. In reviewing applications, the GC Office of Admissions uses a holistic admissions process. This process not only exams the students’ academic record but also takes into consideration the competencies and experiences (full spectrum) of an applicant. Therefore meeting the minimum admission requirement does not guarantee acceptance.
Admission files should be complete for the following terms by the indicated deadlines:
*The Fall 2017 deadline has been extended to Friday, August 4.
Transfer Admission Requirements
The Undergraduate application is used to apply as a transfer student. Please submit ONLY ONE application and use ONLY that application all the way through to submission. Submitting more than one application will most certainly delay your admission decision.
GAFutures Application | Download the paper application
Note: If a student has 30 or more transferable credits, official test scores and two personal essays are not required.
The $35 (non-refundable) online application fee is payable at the time of application for transfer applicants. The paper application fee is $40. If you submitted your application without paying the fee, you may do so by clicking here.
Transfer application processing fee is NOT required of:
- Applicants aged 62 and above
- Applicants who applied and/or enrolled and paid the application fee within the past six years
If you are exempt from paying the application fee, please select “Fee Waiver” option on your application to secure this waiver.
Transcripts must be sent directly from each and every college attended (including technical institutions) to the GC Office of the Admissions.
Faxed documents and copies provided by the student are NOT considered official and will not be used for admission purposes. Courses from one institution that are listed on another college transcript will not substitute for an official transcript. Prior educational experience may not be omitted from an application package.
- Have earned 30 or more transferable semester credit hours (45 transferable quarter hours) from a regionally accredited college/university
- Graduate from high school at least 12 months prior to the start of their first term
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.5 grade point average or higher in college level courses (Excluding learning support, developmental and remedial courses)
- Have a minimum cumulative 2.75 grade point average or higher to be considered for admission to the Generic Nursing or Athletic Training programs
- Meet the grade point average requirement established by academic programs that have a separate admissions process.
- Be in good academic standing and eligible to re-enroll with their last institution.
- Submit original international transcripts for courses taken in other countries.
PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINES
Some programs have separate and competitive admissions applications procedures beyond admission to Georgia College. To determine whether your program of study has a specific deadline requirement beyond the regular admission requirements, visit the appropriate website.
Mailing Address: Campus Box 023, Milledgeville, GA 31061 | Physical Address: 201 S. Clarke Street, Milledgeville, GA 31061