Transient applicants are enrolled in another college or university and receive permission from the Registrar of that institution to seek temporary (one term only) admission to Georgia College. Transient students must be in good standing at their home institution. Transient students may not attend consecutive semesters at Georgia College.
How to Apply
Transient applicants must submit the following for consideration:
- Application for admission
- Application fee
- Official Transient Letter from the registrar of the institution in which the student is regularly enrolled, indicating good standing and recommending admission to Georgia College as a transient student. Transcripts of college work completed elsewhere are not required since transient students are not admitted to degree programs at Georgia College.
- Validation of lawful presence in the United States. Applicant may supply a legible copy (no faxed copies please) to the Office of Admissions:
- A current Driver's License issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current ID issued by the State of Georgia after January 1, 2008.
- A current U.S. Passport.
- A current valid Permanent Resident Card (front and back)
- A Certificate of Naturalization (USCIS form N-550 or N-570)
- A Certificate of Citizenship (USCIS form N-560 or N-561).
- A U.S. Certificate of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (DS-1350) or a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240).
- Applicant may supply in person to the Office of Admissions: A current military ID (service member only, not dependent). Note: Do not photocopy a military ID.
- Applicant may supply a certified copy to the Office of Admissions. U.S. Birth Certificate showing the student was born in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory (no photocopy is acceptable).
Transient student applications are processed by the Office of the Admissions.
Student applications are evaluated once the file is complete with all supporting documents received. Evaluations and notifications are processed on a rolling basis.
Students are strongly encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible and well in advance of posted deadlines. Qualified students are admitted on a space available basis. Admission files should be complete for the following terms by the indicated deadline:
- Fall, July 1
- Spring, November 1
- Maymester, April 1
- Summer, May 1
Note: Please contact your home institution regarding transferability of courses from Georgia College.