April 6, 2019
Cost is $15 per person**
**Registration for this event will open in mid-February 2019**
Are you excited about soon becoming a high school senior? Have you begun your college search yet? Whether you are knee deep in college exploration or you're just getting started, Georgia College would like to help you make sense of the college selection process!
Georgia College is proud to host Junior Day, a visitation day for rising high school seniors to learn the "ins and outs" of the college search process.
As you begin to explore different colleges and universities, as well as different majors, it is essential that you know how to make well-informed decisions. Georgia College's Junior Day will help inform you about the college admissions process and help you to discover how to select which college is the right fit for you.
From 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 6, students and parents will have a variety of workshops, panel sessions and open-house opportunities to attend.
**$15 per person reservation fee includes: breakfast, lunch, all materials and event programming fees.
**Refunds can only be offered up to one week prior to the event.
9:30-10:00am - Registration/Check-in and Continental Breakfast
10-10:30am - Opening Session
10:45am-2:00pm - Academic Workshops (see below for descriptions)
11:30am-2:00pm - Lunch at The MAX (dining hall)
1:30pm-3:30pm - Campus Tours, Open Houses
Junior Day Program (sample from 2018)
Academic Exploration Workshops
- Finding Your Perfect Match - gain knowledge of the proper factors to use when searching for the right college fit
- Financial Aid: The Final Piece of the Puzzle - discover the various components of Financial Aid including Federal and State programs
- The College Essay: Your Life in 500 Words - find out the do's and don'ts of essay writing
- The College Board: To Test or Not to Test - learn about the services College Board has to offer
- The Honors Experience - get an overview of the GC Honors Program
- Academic Insight: Chemistry "Magic"; Nursing in the 21st Century; or GC360 Production - explore different academic areas in one of these focused sessions