Other Scholarship Information
Scholarships for Entering Freshmen
Most scholarships available to entering freshman are offered to students who are selected to participate in the annual Presidential Scholarship Competition. The competition for Fall 2010 Freshmen will be held on Dec. 4, 2009. For online registration and more information please visit the official Presidential Scholarship Competition website. If you have additional questions, contact the Office of Admissions and New Student Programs at 478-445-0948.
Students must be enrolled full-time during both fall and spring semesters in order to receive their scholarships. Be aware that hometown churches, clubs, professional organizations, and civic groups sometimes offer scholarships. Students who are awarded a scholarship from a source other than Georgia College should contact the Scholarship Coordinator in the Financial Aid Office for further information. For more information on any scholarship questions, contact the Financial Aid Office at 478-445-5149.
Scholarships for Returning Students
The GC Financial Aid Office maintains an on-line Scholarship application for all institutional funds which is accessed via the student's on-line access account. Typically, the scholarship application is available late Fall Semester for the upcoming academic year with most deadlines being the first Friday of February.
General criteria for most institutional scholarships are as follows:
Full-time enrollment for Fall and Spring semesters (12 hours for undergraduate and 9 hours for graduate)
Completion of 24 hours at GC by the end of Spring Semester (students may apply before completion of these hours)
Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA; however, these scholarships are competitive.
Below is a list of scholarships that were offered for the current academic year. Please note that actual offerings for the upcoming academic year may change as funding is determined on a yearly basis.
• GC Alumni Association Scholarship
• Annette Hodges Callahan Memorial Scholarship
• Annie Jenkins Jackson Scholarship
• Atlanta Alumni Club Scholarship
• Elizabeth W. Rawlins Scholarship
• Emily Myrtice Lynch Endowed Scholarship
• Eugenia Breedlove Veal Scholarship
• Jane M. Haddock Scholarship
• Jessie O. Smith Scholarship
• Lance Family Scholarship
• Marie Wells Collins Scholarship
• Mary Burns Scholarship
• Mary Clyde Buck Morton and Mary Alice Griffith Morton Scholarship
• Pauline Kelly Malone Alumni Scholarship
• Rebecca Hearn Daughtry Scholarship
• Ruby Ryle Smith Scholarship
• Sara Watson Puckett Scholarship
• Susan Cook Terry Memorial Scholarship
• Susan Dorothy Colquitt Scholarship
• Vera Lucille Vincent Scholarship
• Zipp Kidd Williams Scholarship