The Language Resource Center - A&S 273
The Language Lab is an integral part of the Department of World Languages and Cultures and serves as an extension of the classroom with the goal of enhancing all phases of the language learning process. Students will find a relaxed environment in which they are encouraged to work on improving reading and listening comprehension, writing, grammar, pronunciation and speaking skills. It provides support to both students and faculty across all levels of instruction. Its purpose is to empower students to reach proficiency in one or more languages through exposure to a myriad of enrichment activities and resources.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. except during holidays
Where is the Lab?
The Language Lab is located in the Arts and Sciences Building in Rooms 271 (tutoring/study room) and 273 (classroom).
Be sure to bring your bobcat ID to swipe for signing in and out of the Lab. This will insure that you get credit for the amount of lab time you complete. A record of your hours will be sent to your instructor at the end of the semester.
The Tutoring/Study Room - Room 273
The World Language and Cultures Department offers tutoring to students outside of the classroom. Dedicated tutors share their passion for languages by giving one-on-one assistance to students needing help with grammar, pronunciation, speaking and writing. This room houses fully-equipped computer stations where students can access lab and homework assignments while working at their own pace in a confortable environment.
Located in A&S 2-73 is a student study area with free tutoring in French, Italian, German and Spanish
A film inventory with 300 DVD and video resources in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish
- 300 textual resources in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish
- Dictionaries in Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian
- Grammar Reference Guides in French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian
- Verb Conjugation Books in French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Large Wall Maps (Africa, Central America, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Paris, Spain)
- Auralog Tell Me More (French, German and Spanish)
- DiLL Software – Digital Language Lab with annual license of 31 seats
- Sanako Study 1200 Language Lab
- Transparent Language (Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish)
- Voicethread – annual license (10 accounts for instructors/250 accounts for students)
- Quiz Spiel (German)
- Spanish and German Cultural Trivia
- Bingo (Spanish, French, German)
Fall 2018 Tutoring Schedule
Note: Please refer to the tutoring schedule to check the availability of the tutors. For private tutoring at specific times, please contact the Language Resource Center Coordinator to arrange an appointment.
The WLC Resource Center not only offers free tutoring, but also contains a large variety of language-learning resources accessible free of charge for all GC faculty, staff and students. Whether you are enrolled in a language course or not, the WLC Resource Center is your best resource for practicing or learning a language.
Language Lab Contact Information:
World Languages and Cultures
Resource Center Coordinator