The Georgia College Transportation Services, a unit of Auxiliary Services, provides routine shuttle service to our main, central and west campus locations seven days a week. Full route operation is available weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. and on weekends we offer a shopping shuttle which takes passengers to local major retail centers in Milledgeville from 1 to 7 p.m. For summer routes and times, please see the below shuttle schedule.
Parking and Transportation provides a chartering service for university departments, student organizations and administrative offices on campus. Charter vehicles ranging from 12-passengers to 56-passengers are available upon request. Self-drive vans and sedans are also available following the completion of a training program and registration. In order to request a transportation quote, reserve a vehicle or check the status of your vehicle request, click on “Request a Vehicle/Trip” on the right side of this page. Rates are checked on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices are offered to the Georgia College community. For a listing of current rates please click on “Charter and Vehicle Rates” on the right side of the page.
University departments and employees can rent 4-door sedans and golf carts for business related use. Prices are competitive with local rental companies; in order to rent a vehicle click on “Request a Vehicle/Trip” on the right side of the page.
Your safety is our primary concern.
Our bus drivers take pride in their ability to prevent many accidents each day. You can help prevent injury by following these safety tips:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Cross the street behind the bus. Unlike a school bus there is not a mandatory requirement for vehicles to stop behind the campus shuttles.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses.
- Your driver is a fully-trained, licensed, professional bus operator.
- Be ready to get on/off the bus when it stops.
- Drivers will not open the doors once they begin to enter traffic.
- Drivers are instructed to load and unload at bus stops only.
- Buses have a maximum capacity load and drivers may ask riders at a stop to wait for the next bus if they are at their limit.
Your feedback is important.
We want your suggestions and will do our best to provide you with great service. If you notice a problem contact us immediately and we will again do whatever we can to remedy the issue.