Administrative Services & Campus Operations
Employee Recognition Program
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2012-2013 AWARDS
(THRU MAY 9)
The Division of Administrative Services & Campus Operations has established a division-wide Employee Recognition Program to enhance the pride and morale of employees by formally recognizing their contributions to the efficient operation of Georgia College. These awards are designed to encourage outstanding performance; reward excellence in staff achievements and recognize exceptional workplace creativity, innovation and sustained excellence in support of the University Administration and Operations functions.
Recipients for Spring 2012 were:
- 4.0 Customer Service Award- Shuttle Bus Drivers
- Bobcat Pride Award- Young Ho Cha
- Newcomer Award- Victoria Fowler
Awards will be presented annually at the spring divisional meeting in the following categories:
Administrative Services and Campus Operations 4.0 Customer Service Award
Awarded to an Administrative Services & Campus Operations employee who consistently demonstrates excellent customer service for their coworkers, supervisors, students, faculty, staff or the public through one or more of the following:
- Greeting customers with a cordial and welcoming manner
- Making the customer feel important and appreciated
- Ensuring all individuals are treated fairly, with courtesy and respect
- Being an effective listener to determine the customer’s needs
- Transforming complaints into valuable feedback
- Successfully meeting customer’s needs
Bobcat Pride Award
Awarded to an Administrative Services & Campus Operations employee or group who consistently go(es) beyond expectations by using initiative and imagination to make the University a better place to work. It recognizes an employee or group who through their performance, attitude, behavior and actions embraces GC’s core values, commitment, respect, excellence, accountability and diversity. The actions cited may or may not be a normal part of the employee’s job duties, but exhibit drive and passion to enhance the quality and future of GC through one or more of the following:
- Solve a problem or address an issue at GC that will provide outstanding service to the University, customers or fellow employees
- Create or foster a more productive workplace
- Contribute to the overall development of department or division initiatives
- Promote or improve the image of GC
- Works hard, usually behind-the-scene, and does the job well, but seldom, if ever is recognized publicly for their hard work
NEW: Operational Efficiency
This award will be presented to an employee or group of employees in recognition of the implementation of an intiiative, project and/or technique that has either:
- Enhanced service delivery;
- Created and/or improvied efficiencies;
- Supported sustainability efforts;
- Had a positve impact within the university community; OR
- Proven to be cost effective.
Awarded to an Administrative Services & Campus Operations employee who, despite lack of time on the job, has significantly contributed to the organizational mission and shown outstanding initiative, reliability and dedication to the University. The nominee’s employment must be between 6 – 18 months at the time the nominations close.
Eligibility for Awards
All actively employed, benefit-eligible employees of the Division of Administrative Services & Campus Operations with at least two (2) years of service at the end of the nomination period (except for the Newcomer Award and groups) are eligible. Nominee must be in good standing in the areas of performance (evaluation) and attendance. Recipients will be ineligible for the same award for two years, but may be nominated for other categories during that two year period. Neither the Vice President for Administration & Operations nor the Special Assistant to the Vice President for Administration & Operations are eligible for any of the awards.
Nominations may be made online at: www.gcsu.edu/businessandfinance/awards.htm or by submitting a hard copy of the nomination form to: Pat Wilkins, CBX 021, 205A Parks Hall. The nomination must indicate the nomination category, the person nominated, nominated by and a statement limited to one page that supports the nominations.
Nominations will be reviewed by the Employee Recognition Committee and the committee’s recommendation of the unranked top three nominees for each category will be forwarded to the Vice President for Administration and Operations for final selection. Each member of the Employee Recognition Committee will be asked to sign a Confidentiality Agreement to preclude discussion of the nominees outside the committee. In the event a member of the Employee Recognition Committee is nominated for an award, he/she will not participate in the review of nominations and selection of the recipient for that particular award. The Special Assistant to the Vice President for Administration and Operations chairs the committee in a non-voting capacity.