Meet the Career Peer Advisors
The Career Peer Advisor (CPA) program is a registered student organization dedicated to connecting students with career services. As a CPA, Georgia College students can obtain and build their leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Career Peer Advisors complete two weeks of training on peer advising, interviewing, job and internship search, resume writing and career services technology.
We continue to recruit new Career Peer Advisors each semester. Each Career Peer Advisor receives an hourly wage for their participation hours. Contact the University Career Center for more information.
The University Career Center will recruit during early fall 2014 for new Career Peer Advisors to join our senior staff late fall. Contact Mary Roberts for more information.
Career Peer Advisors 2015/2016
Liberal Studies Major
Apply to be a
Career Peer Advisor
What Does a CPA Do?
• Promote career planning in the
residence halls and across campus
• Review and critique resumes
• Conduct presentations
• Meet with students individually
• Represent the Career Center at
career fairs and events.
• Suggest creative outreach ideas
• Conduct Career Connection demos
• Staff career information tables
• Develop, implement, and present
a program each month as a team
What are the Benefits of Being a CPA?
•Gain real experience for your resume
• Develop strong leadership skills
• Receive career development training
• Obtain experience working as a team
while marketing and planning events
• Improve communication, listening, and
• Network with employers and grad schools
• Hourly wage
Are You Interested in becoming a CPA?
We recruit for these position
on an ongoing basis. Contact
Mary Roberts with questions.
We accept applications through the
Georgia College employment website.