Posting Jobs for Students and Alumni
The University Career Center uses Career Connection to post jobs, internships and graduate school opportunities for students. Employers who would like to post career opportunities must complete an online profile and be approved to use the job board before the opportunity is made live for students. If your organization does not have a website, you must call the office at 478-445-5384 to discuss your job posting.
Before registering in Career Connection, we ask that you read the policies below. We also ask that employers follow the professional standards set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Please provide complete details about your job or educational opportunity on Career Connection to be reviewed for posting. For details instructions on registering in the system and posting jobs, click here.
The following types of opportunities are eligible for posting:
- Full-time and part-time jobs with an hourly or salaried wage with an established place of business. Wages for full-time and part-time jobs must meet federal and state fair wages guidelines.
- Commission only full-time jobs with established companies that provide competitive employee benefits and training programs
- Unpaid internships if they meet the six-prong test set forth by the Department of Labor as well as NACE standards.
Please view NACE's Position Statement on U.S. Internships
- Paid internships must also meet NACE standards to be posted as an internship. Otherwise, the opportunity could be posted as a part-time job.
- Graduate assistantships and graduate/certificate programs
The following types of opportunities are not eligible for posting:
- Positions with informal pay arrangements. Students must receive a W-2 from the employer.
- Positions performed in private homes, including but not limited to childcare, tutoring, gardening, housekeeping and respite care.
- Commission only part-time jobs.
- Direct marketing opportunities that require the purchase of equipment or a financial investment prior to employment
- Companies that cannot provide adequate information about their services and/or specifics about the job opportunity
- Fee-based opportunities that promise placement
Information for Staffing Agencies
- We welcome postings from staff agencies but we ask that you follow our policies to ensure the quality of our database.
- We prefer that you post a detailed job description for each opening you are promoting to students. However, we do ask that you disclose the name of the client to students when you are disclosing their credentials to the client.
- If you cannot release the name of the companies you represent to students, please contact us directly and disclose the name of the client to us. Career services respects the confidentiality of the information and will not publish it any manner.
- If you cannot disclose the name of the client to students you are recruiting or to the Career Center, then you may have one generic job posting on our site that directs students to your own job posting site. We reserve the right to limit your agency's access to student resumes in our database.