Paralegal Certificate Program
According to the United States Department of Labor, employment of paralegals and legal assistants is expected to grow by 18% from 2010 to 2020. In today’s legal field, much of what goes into the legal process in a law firm is conducted by paralegals who are assuming a growing range of duties and responsibilities. In fact, in many cases paralegals perform the same tasks as licensed attorneys. As a paralegal you will be eligible to work in small law offices, large firms, court systems, government agencies, public and private agencies, corporations, financial institutions, insurance companies, title companies and real estate offices.
Georgia College’s Paralegal Certificate Program will prepare you for a fast-paced career in the legal field. Plus, you can complete the entire training in less than one year. Course work begins in September and ends in August. The program consists of eleven required courses, offered in relevant order. All courses must be successfully completed with a 75% or better grade in each course in order to receive your certificate. Once you have completed the program, you will have the knowledge and skills to begin your career as a paralegal, including:
- Understanding the common responsibilities and duties of paralegals
- Knowing how the paralegal field is regulated
- Understanding professional responsibilities and legal ethics for attorneys and paralegals
- Understanding how the American legal system is structured and how it operates
- Understanding legal terminology
- Preparing legal documents
- Applying legal analysis to fact situations
- Conducting legal interviews
- Managing client files
- Conducting computerized and manual legal research
- Implementing guidelines and proper etiquette for legal writing
- Understanding methods of formal and informal administrative advocacy
Our instructors consist of practicing attorneys who are recognized as leaders in their fields. Our curriculum is prepared to provide you with real world knowledge and insight relating to the most pressing legal issues.
So, there is no need to wait any longer. If you have a high school diploma, have basic computer and internet skills, have great interpersonal and organizational skills and are looking to begin a new career, sign up today!
The total cost if you pay $149 per course is $1,639. Save $640 if you pay for the entire program at $999 upon registration.
Some courses require books. Book costs are not included in the registration fee.
For additional information, questions or concerns, please contact: