All areas of the university may request a web presence on the official GC website, www.gcsu.edu, through the Office of University Communications. This is done through the University Communications webmaster. The official website is primarily used as a public relations, marketing and information tool to attract and retain qualified students, faculty and staff. The website also focuses on alumni, parents, friends of the university, and visitors.
Web space may also be requested for the internal website, intranet.gcsu.edu, which is used as an information and communications avenue for the campus community. The internal website should provide information that benefits our internal campus community by improving the day-to-day business functions of the university and strengthening our methods of communication.
What type of Web services do we offer?
- Creation of an account and web space that includes "getting started" information.
- Initial consultation to talk about what you would like to accomplish with a website.
We will be happy to meet with you by phone, email, or in person to discuss your ideas for a website and what might be the best approach for establishing your web pages.
- In general, content is supplied by the department or school. However, if there is content that you need help with we will be happy to assist.
- We can assist in form development. We will add the functionality of forms-to-email, forms to web pages, or forms to tab-delimited text files.
- Although you are the primary person responsible for designing and updating your site, we will troubleshoot your web pages upon request.
- Indexing of your web pages so that they can be searchable.
- Backups of your web pages although we strongly recommend and encourage you to backup your web pages to your own media.
- Creation of a shorter version of your web address for publication and business card purposes.
- Creation of entry forms to use for posting text automatically to web pages (only available in certain circumstances).
- Collection of data through informal polls via the internal website.
The GC website is continually evolving, and departments, units and colleges are encouraged to provide content and design that reinforces our mission and informs our visitors why they should choose Georgia College & State University as their Public Liberal Arts University.
Contact Barbara Monnett or Mark Misinco for assistance.
Campus Box 034 | Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone 478-445-2522/5579; Fax 478-445-6795