1. How would you rate the quality of your relationships with the persons named below with whom you interact in the workplace?
2. What types of conflicts with faculty, staff, administrators, students and/or community members have you experienced in your work at GC? Check all that apply. a. Disputes over policies and/or procedures b. Complaints of discrimination c. Complaints of harassment:
d. Interpersonal conflicts e. Work place hostility f. I have not experienced any conflicts.
3. Are you familiar with mediation (objective third party review) as a possible venue for resolving conflicts at GC?
4. Are informal procedures used within your area to resolve conflicts among your colleagues?
5. If you answered yes to question no. 4, how would you rate the procedures described above in terms of their effectiveness in resolving conflicts which arise?
6. If you have experienced conflicts at work, are they usually settled in a way that is acceptable to you?
7. Have you experienced any conflicts with students, co-workers at any level, or specific offices/departments which remain unaddressed or unresolved?
8. If you answered YES to question no. 7, indicate which of the following procedures you have used or are using to resolve the conflict. Check all that apply. a) Informal grievance procedures for classified employees or faculty.b) Formal grievance procedures for classified employees or faculty. c) Student appeals and hearing procedures. d) Meetings.e) No action taken to resolve conflict.f) Other
If you indicated items (a), (b), (c), (d), or (f), above, how would you rate the effectiveness of such procedure(s) in resolving the complaint?
9. If you have experienced a conflict that has been resolved within the last 12 months, check the number of campus offices with whom you discussed the conflict prior to its resolution.Example: If the conflict was resolved within your own office or department, click "one"; if it was necessary to discuss the conflict with one other office or department in order to resolve it, click "two"; etc.
10. How would you rate the effectiveness of conflict resolution procedures currently in place at GC in terms of the following:
-Encouraging employees to report conflicts.
-Resolving conflicts at an early stage.
-Resolving conflicts at the lowest appropriate supervisory level.
-Resolving conflicts in a cost-effective manner.
-Overall effectiveness in resolving conflicts