The Center for Teaching and Learning has many faculty development/learning resources. Click on the links below to learn more.
Academic Integrity Tutorial
Creating a Rubric: An Online Tutorial for Faculty
Faculty Focus: Effective Teaching Strategies for the College Classroom
Guide for Teaching Problem-Based Learning
Papers on Teaching and Learning from the IDEA Center
Resources for Just-in-Time Teaching and Learning
Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository
Richard Felder's (North Carolina State University) Student-Centered Teaching and Learning Resources
University of Colorado, Framing the Interactive Engagement Classroom
Liberating Structures: Tools for Collaborative Learning
University of Notre Dame: Cultivating Media-Rich Learning Experiences
Princeton University: Alternatives to Physical Clickers in the Classroom
Teaching in Higher Ed Podcast: How to get students to participate in classroom discussions
Michigan State University, Lists of journals that publish SOTL
International Society for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Vanderbilt University Guide to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
University of Central Florida Guide to the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
Illinois State University SOTL Materials
LGBTQ College and Student Resources
Diversity and Inclusive Teaching Resources, Vanderbilt University
American Association of Colleges and Universities Diversity Web
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity
NACADA Commission on LGBTQ Advising and Advocacy Resources
The University of Wisconsin-Whitewater: Teaching Diversity
- #CharlottesvilleCurriculum - If you are a Twitter user, this site provides links and updates to teaching resources related to diversity, racism, hate speech and hate crimes, and other related topics.
- American Federations of Teachers - The American Federation of Teachers has compiled dozens of lesson plans that address racism and stereotyping, immigration, and teaching social justice. Although this site is for K-12 teachers, many of the lessons can be adapted for college students.
- Association of American Colleges and Universities’ Clashes Over Citizenship Webinar Series The three webinars in this series were created “to expand campus expertise on how to hold constructive conversations about contentious issues and how to institute practices in and out of the classroom that foster engagement across differences.”
- Webinar 1: From Fractious Differences to Engaged Dialogues
- Webinar 2: Income Inequality and the Cost of Citizenship
- Webinar 3: I Want My Country Back: Immigration, Race, and Citizenship
- The Southern Poverty Law Center - The Alt-Right on Campus: What Students Need to Know. This guide for students provides them with background on alt-right and white supremacist groups and how to counter them.
- Vanderbilt University Center for Teaching. The Center for Teaching at Vanderbilt University developed the following teaching guides for managing hot topics and difficult discussions in the classroom.
Center for Teaching, Vanderbilt University
Faculty and Academic Development, Appalachian State University
Teaching and Learning Center, SUNY-Geneseo
Elon University Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
Kennesaw State University Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
Georgia Southern University Center for Teaching and Learning