Magna Commons Library - Professional Development Resources
As a member of our campus community, Magna Commons is an online resource from Magna Publications available at no cost to you. Select videos on teaching and learning from Magna’s most popular Magna Online Seminars. The videos cover a broad range of topics related to pedagogy. Sign up today and help energize your higher education career.
STEP 1: Activate your Magna Commons subscription
- Go to the Magna Commons website
- Enter information in each of the required fields. In the Authorization Code box, enter the group Authorization Code USG1431 and click Submit
Please note: entering the Authorization Code is done only once.
STEP 2: Access the Magna Commons library
- Login to view your subscription
- Enter your email address & password & click Submit. If you do not know or remember your account password, use “Forgot your password?” to reset it.
- On the left side of the screen, under My Account > My Online Access, select Subscriptions. The Magna Commons (1 - 1+ hr) and Mentor Commons videos (20-minute) are listed to the right. Click the appropriate link to view the content. Use the search tool to find your video topic. After completing the video and reviewing the associated resources, you can print out a Certificate of Completion.
Note: Use of the Authorization Code is limited to our campus community.
Need help? Call 800-433-0499 ext. 2 (outside the U.S. & Canada call 608-246-3590 ext. 2.). The office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday.