Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) members are available for one-on-one consultations with faculty members. The professional staff members are well-versed in a number of active teaching and learning strategies. In addition to meeting with professional staff members, faculty are welcome to come to CTL to read the latest issues of the Chronicle of Higher Education and peruse our library of teaching and learning publications. The CTL classroom is available for small group discussions. CTL is located in Library Rooms 375-376.
Below is a list of the CTL professional services by area of specialization:
- Undergraduate research; undergraduate research mentoring: send email to Dr. Doreen Sams
- Active learning in the classroom; reflective practices; service-learning; community-based learning; assessment of student learning: send email to Dr. Steven Jones
- GeorgiaVIEW Learning Management System - Including 3rd party applications like SoftChalk, Respondus, Kaltura, Turnitin, WebEx, McMillan, Pearson, McGraw Hill: send email to CTL for additional information.
- Turnitin plagiarism detection software: send email to CTL for additional information.
- Kaltura media file storage: send email to CTL for additional information.
- Faculty Web Server: send email to CTL for additional information.
Workshop Technology training:
- The CTL staff also provide workshop consultations to support faculty members in the use of technology to enhance student learning.
- Everything GeorgiaVIEW: CTL provides basic and advanced training in both GeorgiaVIEW functionality and the proper design methods for online components.
- Faculty Web Server: Here is a place where you can publish information relative to your research, teaching and service activities in a word-readable (public) format. Need help in your setup? Send email to CTL for additional information.