Meet the GCEC Class of 2018
Kera Alana Tidwell
Baldwin High School
I have been in the Early College program since 8th grade. During that time, I have gained a lot of experience. Whether it was good, bad, or just something, the experiences pushed me forward to become a better person. There were struggles, drama, or just really bad days that made me want to quit. Despite it all, I have gained a supportive family that kept me on my feet, whether it be administrators, professors, teachers, or friends. All have pushed me to do my best, to keep going even though it was hard, and all has insured that I become a better, well-rounded individual, capable of tackling everything life throws at me. However, the most important value I learned at the Early College is that by working hard, anything can be accomplished. I am very grateful for being in this program, and I will always miss my GCEC family and the memories that came with it.
Student and Parent Links
The Early Times Newsletter
Please click below to read our most recent newsletters.
What's Happening at Early College
Monday, May 21
- 8:30 a.m.- OHMS Bridging Ceremony Arrival
- OHMS bus riders remain at OHMS for the 8th Grade Bridging Ceremony.
- OHMS car riders will need to be dropped off at OHMS by 8:30 a.m.
- Transportation will be provided back to GCEC. All OHMS 8th graders are expected to participate in this ceremony.
- The attire is black and white professional attire.
- 10:00 a.m.- OHMS Bridging Ceremony
- 5:30 p.m.- New Student and Parent Orientation- Arts & Science Auditorium
Tuesday, May 22
- 8:30 a.m.- GCEC Glimpse Day
- All new GCEC students are invited to spend the day at GCEC.
- All students will be advanced to the next grade level to begin or complete summer assignments.
- High school students will be meeting with Dr. Sallad to review high school transcripts and discuss college courses.
- GMC classes and finals end
Wednesday, May 23- Last Day of School!
- 8:30 a.m.- Last Day of School. This is a half-day.
- Baldwin buses will arrive for pick up at 11:45 a.m.
- Putnam buses will arrive for pick up at 11:30 a.m.
- Report cards will be mailed after grades are finalized.
Thursday, May 24
- Staff Day
- 10:00 a.m.- GMC Graduation Practice
Friday, May 25
- Staff Day
- 8:30 a.m.- PCMS Bridging Ceremony
- 10:00 a.m.- GMC Graduation
- 6:00 p.m.- PCHS Graduation
Saturday, May 26
- 9:00 a.m.- BHS Graduation