Add-On Library Media
Georgia College offers a program for an add-on in Library Media. Programs for the add-on are tailored for the individual student. Students are encouraged to consider a second master's degree in lieu of this add-on. Please discuss this option with an advisor.
- Hold a Master's degree from an accredited institution and be certified in an education field and at the Masters level.
- Meet minimal Grade Point Average of 2.50
- Submit a University Admissions Form including application fee, if applicable.
- Submit two professional recommendations (pdf) using the College of Education format.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (except GC)
- Submit verification of immunization
- Passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment. Effective Fall 2014, a passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment or for admission purposes, applicants to COE graduate programs may submit official scores with the following minimums in lieu of passing the Graduate Writing Assessment : GRE – 1000 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) if taken prior to August 1, 2011, or 305 (Verbal and Quantitative Combined) if taken on or after August 1, 2011. MAT – 400. Applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master’s degree from Georgia College, will automatically waive the application testing requirement without the need to petition. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College, will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
The Graduate Writing Assessment (GWA) is waived for applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master's degree from Georgia College. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
All application materials should be sent to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Campus Box 107
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Toll Free In GA 1-800-342-0471
A Typical Program for an Individual who has a Master of Education (M.Ed.) Degree*
EDIT 5202 Instructional Technology for Teachers
EDIT 6254 Operation of the Library Media Center
EDIT 6256 Information Sources and Services in the Media Center
EDIT 6263 Information Technologies in the Media Center
EDIT 6268 Selection of Library Media
EDIT 6275 Instructional Design
EDIT 6960 Library Media Specialist Internship
EDIT Elective- one of the three literature cources offered
*These are typical plans and will vary according to the previous coursework of the candidate.
Candidates for the Non-Degree Certification Add-On in School Library Media must be recommended by the GC Certification Officer to the Professional Standards Commission.
Ms. Shanda Brand
Graduate Admission Advisor
CBX 70, 228G Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061 478-445-1383
Phone toll free in Georgia: 1-800-342-0471 ext: 1383
Dr. Diane Gregg, Program Coordinator
CBX 79, 137 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone toll free in Georgia: 1-800-342-0471 ext: 1505