Educational Leadership (Ed.S.)
The Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) program offered in Educational Leadership provides advanced study for qualified students seeking certification in this field. The Performance-Based Program of Study is organized around cohorts with a residency (internship) program supervised by Georgia College faculty in cooperation with a self-selected administrative mentor from the employing district. Each cohort is supervised by one faculty member who assures that students meet all program standards prior to graduation. Coursework is organized around thematic blocks that address school improvement issues. Each semester is arranged in 12 credit blocks with online coursework and in-school residency (internship).
Applicants to the Ed.S. program in Educational Leadership must meet current requirements from the Georgia Professional Standards Commission which includes having a Memorandum of Understanding between the applicant's employing county and Georgia College. A master’s degree in Educational Leadership is not required for admission to the Ed.S. program.
Admission to and matriculation with this degree program is by cohort only and transfer credit from other institutions cannot be accepted. New cohorts begin in fall semester.
- Graduate Admissions Application Form
- Two professional recommendations (pdf)
- Official copies of all transcripts
- Passing scores on the Graduate Writing Assessment
- Minimal GPA of 3.25
- Verification of immunization
- Employing school system must have approved partnership agreement with GC
- Applicants must comply with current PSC regulations for leadership roles or positions. Here is the form(.pdf) for certification of role or position.
Students successfully completing this program will be recommended to the Professional Standards Commission for certification at the PBL-6 level.
Ms. Shanda Brand,
Graduate Admission Advisor
Email : email@example.com
CBX 70, 228 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061 478-445-1383
Phone toll free in Georgia: 800-342-0471 Ext. 1383