Available at the Milledgeville Campus
Endorsement programs at the graduate level are offered to teachers wishing to add areas of expertise to their current State of Georgia Teacher Certification. The Reading Endorsement Program is designed for any P-12 teacher or supplemental reading teacher who is interested in learning how to better meet the needs of the students in his/her classroom. The program addresses the competencies required by the Professional Standards Commission's Georgia Reading Endorsement. It emphasizes classroom application while addressing the following three strands:
1. Understanding readers and the reading process
2. Linking literacy assessment and instruction
3. Using instructional strategies in the content areas across pre-k through grade 12
Course work is offered in a blended format. Classes meet some Saturdays in Milledgeville with the rest of the work being done online.
July 1 - Fall Semester
Nov. 15 - Spring Semester
April 1 - Maymester and Summer Semester
Application for Admission
Students may apply online or apply by mail.
- Graduate Admissions Application Form
- Two professional recommendations (pdf)
- Official copies of all transcripts
- Passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment. Effective Fall 2014, a passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment or for admission purposes, applicants to COE graduate programs may submit official scores with the following minimums in lieu of passing the Graduate Writing Assessment : GRE – 1000 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) if taken prior to August 1, 2011, or 305 (Verbal and Quantitative Combined) if taken on or after August 1, 2011. MAT – 400. Applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master’s degree from Georgia College, will automatically waive the application testing requirement without the need to petition. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College, will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
- Verification of immunization
- Verification of Georgia T4 certification or evidence qualified for one. (If the endorsement is part of an Education Specialist program, applicants must have or be qualified to hold a Georgia T5 certification)
The Graduate Writing Assessment (GWA) is waived for applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master's degree from Georgia College. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
After successfully completing the classes and requirements of the program, reading endorsement candidates must apply through the Georgia College certification officer for recommendation to the PSC to have the reading endorsement added to their certificates. Candidates initiate this process themselves; it is not automatic.
Ms. Shanda Brand
Graduate Admission Advisor
CBX 70, 220 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone toll free in Georgia: 800-342-0471 Ext. 1383
Dr. Sandy Webb, Coordinator
CBX 71, 217E Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061