Secondary Education (M.Ed.)
M.Ed. in Education with a concentration in M.Ed in Education with concentrations in
- Middle Grades Reading
- Middle Grades Language Arts
- Middle Grades Science
- Middle Grades Social Studies
- Middle Grades Mathematics
- Secondary Biology
- Secondary English
- Secondary Foreign Language: French
- Secondary Foreign Language: Spanish
- Secondary History
- Secondary Mathematics
- Secondary Political Science
- Secondary Biology (6-12)
- Secondary English (6-12)
- Secondary Foreign Language: French (6-12)
- Secondary Foreign Language: Spanish (6-12)
- Secondary History (6-12)
- Secondary Mathematics (6-12)
- Secondary Political Science (6-12)
Available at the Macon Center Campus
With a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Secondary Education participants can focus on issues of school improvement while also developing expertise in a content. Programs tailored to a dual focus of a content area plus technology, reading, students with special needs or leadership are also possible.
This program is for individuals who already hold or qualify for a level four (4) Georgia Teacher's certificate.
- Graduate Admissions Application Form
- Two professional recommendations (pdf)
- Official copies of all transcripts
- Passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment. Effective Fall 2014, a passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment or for admission purposes, applicants to COE graduate programs may submit official scores with the following minimums in lieu of passing the Graduate Writing Assessment : GRE – 1000 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) if taken prior to August 1, 2011, or 305 (Verbal and Quantitative Combined) if taken on or after August 1, 2011. MAT – 400. Applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master’s degree from Georgia College, will automatically waive the application testing requirement without the need to petition. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College, will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
- Minimal GPA for concentration in Middle Grades Education 2.75 and for concentration Secondary Education 2.50
- Verification of immunization
- Verification of Georgia T4 certification or evidence qualified for one
The Graduate Writing Assessment (GWA) is waived for applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master's degree from Georgia College. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
Candidates apply for upgrades through their school systems or directly to the Professional Standards Commission. GC is not involved in this process.
Graduate Admission Advisor
CBX 70, 220 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Contact number: 478-445-1383
Phone toll free in Georgia: 800-342-0471 ext. 1383