M.Ed. in Special Education General Curriculum
Available at the Macon Campus and Online
The Master of Education in Special Education General Curriculum is structured for teachers who already hold a level four teaching certificate from the State of Georgia. Graduate students of this degree program will be focused on school improvement plans and methods for children and youth (grades P-12). Teachers will examine their own school’s needs, create a plan for improvement and share their outcomes with local, regional, state and national associations.
- Graduate Admissions Application Form
- Two professional recommendations (pdf)
- Official copies of all transcripts
- Passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment. Effective Fall 2014, a passing score on the College of Education Graduate Writing Assessment or for admission purposes, applicants to COE graduate programs may submit official scores with the following minimums in lieu of passing the Graduate Writing Assessment : GRE – 1000 (Verbal and Quantitative combined) if taken prior to August 1, 2011, or 305 (Verbal and Quantitative Combined) if taken on or after August 1, 2011. MAT – 400. Applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master’s degree from Georgia College, will automatically waive the application testing requirement without the need to petition. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College, will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
- Minimal GPA of 2.5
- Verification of immunization
- Verification of Georgia T4 certification or evidence qualified for one
Candidates apply for upgrades through their school systems or directly to the Professional Standards Commission. GC is not involved in this process.
The Graduate Writing Assessment (GWA) is waived for applicants who have previously earned a baccalaureate or master's degree from Georgia College. Students who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Georgia College will have the testing requirement waived upon conferment of their baccalaureate degree.
Graduate Admission Advisor
CBX 70, 220 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Contact number: 478-445-1383
Phone toll free in Georgia: 800-342-0471 ext. 1383
Dr. Rebecca McMullen
Program Coordinator for Special Education
Campus Box 072 Kilpatrick Hall
Milledgeville, GA 31061