Registration is now OPEN for GC Emerging Leaders 2015-16!
Program Description | In Emerging Leaders, GC freshmen clarify values, explore interests, develop leadership skills, learn about campus leadership opportunities and build relationships with others who are interested in making a difference at the university and in the community.
Program activities include:
- Challenge-course programs
- Leadership workshops
- Community-based service projects
- Leadership forums with guest speakers
- Discussions on leadership concepts and community, national and global issues
- Professional and career development workshops
- Info sessions on leadership opportunities at GC
- And more…
Emerging Leaders is a year-long program experience, completed by students as a cohort. All full-time GC students beginning their freshman year during the summer or fall semester are invited to register for Emerging Leaders.
Students who successfully complete the requirements of the program will receive a certificate at an end-of-the-year GC Leadership Programs recognition ceremony, and they will automatically qualify for acceptance into the GC Leadership Certificate Program (www.gcsu.edu/lcp) if they have maintained a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Program Requirements | Students must:
- be a freshman, beginning their first year experience during summer or fall 2015
- be willing and able to participate in program events and activities throughout the year, some of which may take place evenings and/or weekends
- be committed to maintaining good Academic Standing and abiding by the GC Honor Code
Registration costs, deadlines, and instructions for Emerging Leaders 2015-16 are posted below - in addition to info about the Emerging Leaders Orientation & Fall Leadership Challenge.
The Student Experience
"The Emerging Leaders program was fantastic for many different reasons: first, it was a great way for a freshman to get plugged into events on campus and learn about resources. Second, it helped me meet many new people who I can now call friends. Third, and most important, it helped me become a better leader."
- Emerging Leaders Participant
Emerging Leaders Orientation & Fall Leadership Challenge: Sunday, August 16, 2015 | 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The first Emerging Leaders event of the year is the Orientation & Fall Leadership Challenge, held during the Sunday of Week of Welcome. Students interested in participating must register by the program deadline.
At this event, students will have the chance to meet and get to know peer mentors and fellow members, learn more about the program’s structure and opportunities, and participate in a series of activities focused on effective leadership, communication, teamwork, problem-solving and decision-making.
Registration Deadline: August 1, 2015
To Register for Emerging Leaders 2015-16, students must do two things:
- Complete the online Emerging Leaders Registration Form.
- Submit a $65 program registration fee along with the Emerging Leaders Registration Card to the Georgia College Business Office. The $65 registration fee covers the cost of participation in all Emerging Leaders events and the purchase of an Emerging Leaders t-shirt.
Checks should be made payable to Georgia College. Payment can be made on campus at 111 Parks Hall or mailed to the Georgia College Business Office, GC Campus Box 022, Milledgeville, GA 31061.
Registration will not be complete until both the registration form has been completed and the registration fee paid. Students who withdraw from the program prior to August 1, 2015 will be given a full refund. Students who withdraw from the program on or after August 1, 2015 will forfeit the full registration fee.
If you have questions about the program or registration process, please contact John Bowen, coordinator of leadership programs, at email@example.com or 478-445-1227.
John W. Bowen, Coordinator of Leadership Programs
Center for Engaged Learning, Teaching & Scholarship
Room 101, N. Clarke St. House
202 N. Clarke St., Milledgeville, Georgia 31061
478-445-1227 | firstname.lastname@example.org | CBX 101