Services and Training
The Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) offers faculty, staff, administrators, and students several opportunities for training and development in the areas of inclusion and diversity. These services include:
- Educational and employment training to facilitate and strengthen knowledge of equal employment opportunities.
- Oversight and management of equal employment and affirmative action compliance standards based on federal and state laws, as well as the University System of Georgia and Georgia College policies.
- Processing informal and formal complaints of harassment and discrimination.
- Providing information, consultation, training and resources on the following:
- Diversity and inclusive academic communities
- Harassment and discrimination prevention
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Title IX of the Educational Amendments Act of 1972
- Best Practices in Diversity Recruitment (in collaboration with Department of Human Resources).