Exercise Science Application Procedures
The BS in Health Education: Exercise Science is a limited enrollment program. Application is made in spring of the sophomore year. Contact the Program Coordinator for additional information. Application procedures include:
1. Submission of the completed form by the deadline established for
the current academic year;
2. Submission of related documents by the deadline established for
the current academic year, including:
a. Proof of liability insurance;
3. To be eligible for admission into the program, students must
satisfy the following criteria:
a. Passed both parts of the Regents' Exam;
b. Completion of general education Areas A-E;
c. Completion of major-specific Area F classes;
d. Grade Point Average of 2.5.
4. Personal interview are conducted with students who are
selected for potential approval to the program.
1. Enrollment in some programs is restricted and admission into the
programs is competitive. Meeting the above criteria does not
guarantee acceptance into the program of interest.
2. Once accepted into a program students must obtain grades of C
or better on all Area F, major and minor, and specialization
courses (Outdoor Education) courses.
3. Students are expected to maintain 2.5 Grade Point Average
(GPA) or better in all Department of Kinesiology programs.
4. Students whose student's GPA falls below 2.5 will be given one
semester to achieve a GPA of 2.5.
5. Students whose GPA does not return to 2.5 or better will be
exited from the program of studies and may re-apply when the
GPA is at an acceptable level.
6. Readmission to a program of studies in the Department of
Kinesiology is not guaranteed.
Dr. Mike Martino
337 Health Sciences Building
Campus Box 112
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone (478) 445-6987
Fax (478) 445-1790