Everyone can use a little help every now and then, especially paying for a college education. More than 80% of Georgia College's undergraduate students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, employment opportunities, and student loans. Come to the Financial Aid Office and let’s discuss your educational goals and how we can help you find the financial resources to reach them.
Health & Safety
As part of Georgia College’s response to the coronavirus, we are practicing many changes to promote the health and safety of our staff, students and guests. Below is important information regarding how the Financial Aid Office is available to assist our students and families.
- We encourage you to continue to reach us by phone at 478-445-5149.
- Staff members will regularly continue to check the firstname.lastname@example.org email account throughout each day and we will respond to your requests as soon as possible. Please be sure to include your GCID number and full name so we can identify your records easily.
- Staff members will also continue checking their individual email accounts throughout the day and they will respond to your requests as soon as possible
- We encourage students to make an appointment should an office visit be needed. Appointments can be made via phone at 478-445-5149, via email to email@example.com or by emailing your Financial Aid Advisor directly
- Students and guests who visit our office will need to know the following:
* Social distancing is being implemented and there will be a maximum of 2 students serviced in the office at a time. We ask that a maximum of 2 guests accompany each student who visits the Financial Aid Office. Guests will be asked to remain in the hallway or on the front porch of Parks Hall until the student can be relocated to our service area.
* Students and guests are encouraged to wear a face mask. Masks will be provided (if needed).
- We will continue to accept fax documents and requests at 478-445-0729.
- All communication from our office will continue to be electronic until further notice.
We continue to appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us to let us know how we can continue to help you navigate through these times. Please stay safe and be well.
- Interested in attending Summer Semester 2023? Information on Financial Aid for Summer 2023 can be found below:
Summer Semester 2023 Financial Aid Details
- The Summer Semester 2023 Nelnet Payment Plan opens March 6, 2023. Enroll using the following link:
Summer 2023 Nelnet Payment Plan
- For more information pertaining to the Biden-Harris Administration's Student One-Time Student Loan Debt Relief Plan visit: https://studentaid.gov/debt-relief-announcement.
- The 2023-2024 FAFSA opened on October 1st, complete it today at studentaid.gov.
- Georgia College has completed the administering of the Federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding (HEERF III) to eligible students. Additional information can be found at:
Federal Higher Education Emergency Relief Funding (HEERF)
The 2022-2023 Loan Interest Rates for Federal Direct Loans went into effect July 1, 2022. Please see the "Loans" section using the link below for general information concerning loans along with current and previous interest rates:
GENERAL LOAN INFORMATION AND INTEREST RATES
In the December COVID 19 Relief legislation, Congress provided for new pathways to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) for many students. Students who are eligible to participate in federal work-study programs or students with an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 can qualify for SNAP under the new provisions. These students must contact their local Department of Human Services Division of Family & Children Services to begin this process. This change will last for the duration of the federal public health emergency. Your eligibility requirement may be verified by your local Department of Human Services Division of Family & Children Services. Please note that GC Financial Aid Administrators are not able to assist or answer any questions regarding this process.
REMINDER: Only courses that are required for a student’s degree, major, or core courses can be eligible for Federal Student Aid. Courses used only to satisfy minor or undergraduate certificate requirements will not be used to determine your aid eligibility. Your aid could be decreased if you are registered in courses not meeting these requirements. HOPE and Zell Miller are not impacted by this. Course Program of Study FAQ
Visit Know More. Borrow Less. to learn more about the USG Chancellor's initiative to reduce student loan debt.
Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the federal application that will allow GC's Financial Aid Office to review you for any federal grants, loans, work-study programs, and even state scholarships such as the HOPE/Zell Miller.
Apply for HOPE
The GSFAPPS is the alternative application for students to apply for the HOPE and/or Zell Miller scholarships only. It is completed via Georgia Student Finance Commission's website. You must create an account on this website to be able to access the application.