Overview Overview for Undergraduates and Graduates
Types of Aid Scholarships HOPE Zell Miller Scholarship Grants Student Employment-Federal Work Study Student Employment-University Loans Graduate Assistantships
How to Apply FAFSA GSFApps Status of Financial Aid Application Verification Procedures
Cost of Attendance For all students
Payment Plan Payment Plan
General Information Deadlines Steps to Apply Status of Financial Aid Application How Financial Aid is Determined Change in Information Enrollment Status Policy-Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy-Disbursement of Financial Aid Policy-Refund Policy and Procedures Outside Scholarships Transient Status Repeat Coursework
Forms Verification for 2015-2016 (all forms) Verification for 2014-2015 (all forms)        Verification Procedures        Request of Documentation        Child Support Paid        Dependent Statement        Verification Worksheet (Dependent)        Independent Statement        Verification Worksheet (Independent)        SNAP        Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet Q23        Student Dependency Status
       Additional Financial Information Verification for 2013-2014 (all forms)       Verification Procedures        Request of Documentation        Verification Worksheet (Dependent)       Verification Worksheet (Independent)       Additional Financial Information       Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet Q23       Student Dependency Status Worksheet Online Applications Loan Forms HOPE Application and Information Consortium Agreement
Links Student Loans Collections (Federal Perkins and Short-term Institutional) Loan Entrance/ Exit Counseling Direct Loan Servicing Center Selective Service Registration The Student Guide FAFSA Help Federal School Code
FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Contact Us Contact Us


Federal Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant is awarded only to students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. (A professional degree is earned after earning a bachelor's degree in a field such as medicine, law, or dentistry.) To determine if you are eligible financially, the U.S. Department of Education uses a standard formula, established by Congress, to evaluate the information you report when you apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The formula produces an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. Your Student Aid Report (SAR) contains this number, in the upper right portion of page 1, and will tell you if you are eligible for a Pell Grant. Detailed information may be found at Student Aid on the Web.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants
A Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is for undergraduates with exceptional financial need -- that is, students with the lowest EFCs -- and gives priority to students who receive Federal Pell Grants. An FSEOG does not have to be repaid. There is no guarantee every eligible student will be able to receive an FSEOG; students are awarded an FSEOG based on the availability of funds at the time financial aid awards are packaged at Georgia College. Detailed information may be found at Student Aid on the Web.

If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office.

Russell Aud
A-Z Sitewide Index
About the site
Georgia College • 231 W. Hancock St. • Milledgeville, GA 31061 • 1-800-342-0471 ; Admissions: 478-445-2774 • admissions@gcsu.edu