Distinguished Scholars Award (Freshmen)
This award is offered to outstanding students who reside outside the state of Georgia but are interested in pursuing their education at Georgia College.
- This award was valued between $9,174 to $18,348 for the 2014-2015 academic year, and
- May be four-year renewable provided the recipient continues to be classified as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes and maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Actual award amounts for 2015-2016 will be determined in late spring.
To compete for this award, high school seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted for admission to GC as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes, and
- Demonstrate academic merit based on high school GPA and SAT or ACT test scores, and