Distinguished Scholars Award (Freshmen)
This award is offered to outstanding students who reside outside the state of Georgia but are interested in pursuing their education at Georgia College.
- This award was valued between $8,500 to $17,400 for the 2012-2013 academic year, and
- May be four-year renewable provided the recipient continues to be classified as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes and maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Actual award amounts for 2013-2014 will be determined in late spring.
To compete for this award, high school seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted for admission to GC as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes, and
- Demonstrate academic merit based on high school GPA and SAT or ACT test scores, and
- Complete the Distinguished Scholars Application no later than April 1, 2013 Download Application (pdf)
For more information, please contact the Scholarship Coordinator or at 478-445-5149.