Distinguished Scholars Award (Freshmen)
This award is offered to outstanding students who reside outside the state of Georgia but are interested in pursuing their education at Georgia College.
- This award was valued between $8,950 to $17,900 for the 2013-2014 academic year, and
- May be four-year renewable provided the recipient continues to be classified as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes and maintains a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Actual award amounts for 2014-2015 will be determined in late spring.
To compete for this award, high school seniors must meet the following criteria:
- Be accepted for admission to GC as an out-of-state student for tuition purposes, and
- Demonstrate academic merit based on high school GPA and SAT or ACT test scores, and