Donors to Georgia College's Annual Fund provide vital support to a variety of student needs. The generous support from our alumni, parents and friends improve and expand many educational opportunities that would otherwise be scaled down or eliminated.
Annual gifts are an important source of funding for student scholarships, cultural programs, athletics and support within each of the academic divisions at Georgia College. These annual gifts provide funding for many programs at Georgia College and make the difference between our being good and being excellent. These enhancements are reflected in consistently high national rankings, as well as the caliber of students who attend and graduate from Georgia College.
Why should I give to Georgia College?
Your financial commitment to Georgia College is a very personal decision, and we recognize the significance of including us in your philanthropy, now more than ever.
Georgia College's budget is comprised of state funding, student tuition and private gifts. Even as state funding for higher education is declining, Georgia College is committed to providing an excellent education at an affordable price. Private gifts from Georgia College alumni, parents and friends are particularly important as they provide crucial funding which augments a shrinking portion of the state budget targeted for higher education.
Where does my gift go?
It's up to you. You may choose to designate your gift to a specific fund, and a variety of scholarships, academic areas accounts or athletics are available to choose from. Here are a few of the most popular funds:
- Heritage Fund: Heritage Fund contributions are distributed campuswide. The Heritage Fund is an unrestricted annual fund that provides financial support for the areas of greatest need each year. These areas include student scholarships, improved academic facilities, state-of-the-art classroom technology, faculty and student research and events such as lectures, concerts and cultural events that benefit students, alumni and the community. You may choose to designate your gift to a specific fund, and a variety of scholarships, academic areas accounts or athletics are available to choose from. Here are a few of the most popular foundation funds:
- Scholarships: Many donors wish to support student scholarships with annual gifts to the general scholarship fund or the scholarship fund of their choice. You may give to an existing scholarship fund that matches your interests or create a new scholarship fund.
- Academic Programs: Donations may be designated for use in a specific academic area. These gifts provide additional funding for technology, faculty development programs, research, guest lectures, equipment and other needs. Georgia College's academic areas include the following:
- Athletics: The GC Department of Athletics sponsors 10 varsity athletic programs at the NCAA Division II level. As a Division II program, GC prides itself on balancing the life of the student-athlete, evidenced by the Bobcats' multiple appearances in post-season competition as well as documented academic success and community-service involvement. Follow the Bobcats and their positive impact on the Milledgeville community.
- Phonathon: Each fall and spring our dedicated undergraduate students take to the phones for the Georgia College Phonathon to connect with our alumni, current parents and friends. These committed and enthusiastic students build relationships, create connections, share news, answer questions, discuss the impact of your charitable gifts and extend gratitude to celebrate the Georgia College community. Our students are delighted to speak with you and hear about your experiences at Georgia State College for Women, Georgia College & State University and Georgia College. We hope you will take a moment to speak with our students when they call.