Announcing the Georgia College in Washington Internship Program
The university proudly announces “Georgia College in Washington,” a one-semester internship experience in Washington, D.C. With its inaugural semester this Fall 2014, Georgia College in Washington draws from an extensive network of hundreds of public and private sector contacts to provide internships in some of the most engaging professional settings in the nation.
Internship opportunities are available for students majoring in the humanities, mass communication, business, social sciences, natural and environmental and related sciences.
Working and living in Washington, D.C., presents numerous rewarding experiences that are second to none. During the program, seminars and forums enrich the student experience. Participation in these programs expands the internship involvement and assists students in creating meaningful relationships with other program participants.
Students will be enrolled at Georgia College during the internship semester.
- Obtain a premier internship placement in your field of study.
- Work with a developed professional network.
- Earn Georgia College credit for your internship and augment with portfolio presentations, site visits and seminars.
- Oversight throughout the semester to ensure your internship is substantive and rewarding.
- Strengthen verbal and written communication skills.
- Learn from a seasoned professional and enhance your internship experience through social and networking opportunities.
- Have access to residential life services: welcome receptions, social mixers, career night and policy salons.
- Fully-furnished, intern-only housing on Capitol Hill through WISH Housing.
For more information, visit http://www.gcsu.edu/gcwashington or contact Dr. Costas Spirou or Michele Williams at 478-445-4562.