Master of Public Administration
MPA Program Mission
The MPA is a liberal arts program that prepares students to successfully lead and manage in the public sector. Recognizing that service to the public is a calling of the highest importance, the program is devoted to developing graduates who are prepared to meet the challenges of governance in a diverse and globalizing world.
MPA Program Goals
The MPA program seeks to:
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully and ethically lead and manage increasingly complex and diverse public sector organizations.
- Promote effective public policy by providing students with an understanding of the policy process and develop the skills needed to evaluate public policy.
- Develop students’ critical thinking and analytical skills as well as equip students with an understanding of research methodology and tools necessary to evaluate and solve complex public problems.
The 36-credit MPA program is offered in a convenient online format designed for busy working professional. The program can be completed in four semesters of full-time study. The Georgia College's MPA program has received national acclaim for its design and content. The program is accredited with the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs and Administration (NASPAA).
- Coate, Roger, Ph.D., The Ohio State University
Non-Profit Management, International Administration
- Edmondson, Henry, Ph.D., University of Georgia
Ethics, Administrative Law
- Herbel, Jerry, Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
Ethics, Public Management
- Kennedy, Brandy, Ph.D., University of Oklahoma
Public Finance & Budgeting, Personnel Management
- Kim, Min, Ph.D., Arizona State University
Public Financial Management, Quantitative Research Methods
MPA Program Coordinator
- Spirou, Costas, Ph.D., Loyola University Chicago
Mayoral Leadership & Policymaking, Economic Development
- Wilkinson, Clifton, Jr., MPA, Georgia College
Public Policy, State and Local Government
Careers in Public Service
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) degree is the professional degree for those seeking a public service career. The Georgia College MPA program develops the skills used by managers to implement policies, projects and programs. MPA program alumni work in all levels of government; in nonprofit organizations delivering services in health care, youth and human services and in housing and community development, in international development and in public service-related private businesses. According to our Alumni Survey (2010), our MPA graduates work in federal (26%), State (26%) and Municipal (14%) governments. But they also can be found in nonprofits (29%) and the private sector (6%).
Campus Box 18
Milledgeville, GA 31061