INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION CENTER
Dwight Call, Assistant Vice President for International Education
The International Education Center of Georgia’s Public Liberal Arts University promotes international and cross-cultural learning, as well as respect for diversity and assists the University in producing graduates who are prepared to accept their responsibilities as citizens of the world. In order to achieve its mission, the International Education Center works with faculty members and students to internationalize both curricular and co-curricular dimensions of the liberal arts education offered at Georgia College in its many programs on campus and abroad, thereby helping students develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills necessary to understand and effectively participate in the global society.
To achieve those objectives, the International Education Center works collaboratively with colleges and departments, as well as administrative and program offices, to internationalize the University. The International Education Center:
- Works with faculty to incorporate a global perspective within the curriculum;
- Organizes international programs and lectures on campus;
- Oversees international student recruitment and admissions;
- Provides international student advisement, services and programming;
- Organizes study opportunities abroad and prepares students to participate in study abroad programs;
- Manages student and faculty exchange agreements with partner universities worldwide;
- Assists faculty members to extend their own awareness of the world and to incorporate that awareness into the courses they teach, as well as assisting international faculty who are resident at GC.
The International Education Center staff includes the Assistant Vice President for International Education, the Associate Director of International Education /International Student Advisor, two Study Abroad Advisors, the International Admissions Counselor, a Senior Secretary and several Student Interns and Assistants. The staff is assisted by the International Education Committee, which is comprised of faculty and staff members from across the Georgia College campus, as well as by volunteers who serve on the University System of Georgia’s System Council for International Education, Study Abroad Committee, Committee on International Students and Scholars, and Regional Councils for Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Up-to-date information on the International Education Center, including the most current newsletter and useful World Links, is available at the International Education Center website at www.gcsu.edu/international.