INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE STUDENT ADMISSIONS
Students from countries other than the United States who intend to be in F-1 or J-1 student visa status must apply for admission through GC’s International Education Center. Prospective students may download admissions materials from the International Center website at www.gcsu.edu/international, telephone (478) 445-4789, e-mail email@example.com or write International Admissions, Campus Box 49, Georgia College, Milledgeville, GA 31061 USA.
The following regulations apply:
- International applicants must complete all parts of the application as provided by the GC International Education Center; the recommended deadlines are April 1 for Fall Semester and September 1 for Spring Semester.
- To be considered for admission, international applicants must hold the equivalent of a U.S. baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited and officially recognized degree-granting institution.
- Applicants must present official transcripts (certified or attested) in the original language, as well as official translations in English (certified or attested by the official translator) of all college/university level work. Academic documents authenticated by notary publics are not accepted. Please note that all documents become the property of the University.
- Prospective students must present an OFFICIAL document for one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report with a minimum score of 550 (paper-based test), 213 (computer-based test), or 79 (Internet-based test).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System) score report with a minimum score of 6.5.
- Other appropriate document supporting English proficiency as determined by the International Admissions Committee at Georgia College.
- Applicants must submit all required documents for the specific program to which they are applying, including official graduate exam score reports.
- International applicants must present evidence of adequate and assured financial resources for the entire time the student will attend GC (complete the GC Declaration of Finances form).
- Upon admission and subsequent enrollment, international students are required to join and pay for the GC International Student Health Insurance Plan.