Research Compliance, in a world of increasing government rules and regulations, is a subject that has many legal and ethical aspects. GC is fully committed to this compliance and has procedures in place to assure proper observance of these regulations. Various Offices and Committees provide appropriate training for all faculty, pertinent staff and students in the areas of responsible conduct of research, information security, human subjects, safety, animal care and use, biosafety and environmental issues.
- Human Subjects – Institutional Review Board
- Animal Care and Use – Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Bio-Safety – Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Environmental Safety
- Conflict of Interest (pdf)
- Responsible Conduct in Research
- Scholarly Misconduct in Science
Colleges and universities can lose funding if they do not comply with federal guidelines, but more importantly, they can lose their reputations. Georgia College is dedicated to responsible and ethical conduct of research and stewardship of sponsor funding.