Building and Landscape Design
To identify and implement sustainable practices for building and landscape design on Georgia College campuses.
- Explore the use of storm water to irrigate landscaping
- Create a centralized control for all campus irrigation
- Explore the use of Geoblock grass parking lots on campus.
- Have new construction meet or exceed the University System of Georgia Sustainable Energy Management Plan and meet LEED certification standards.
- Have renovations meet or exceed the Georgia Sustainable Energy Management Plan
- Create specific building standards for Georgia College
- Have at least two employees from Facilities Services become LEED Accredited Professionals
As we continue to grow and develop GC campus, there is a growing concern for the impacts of our buildings and landscaping. Here are some links to help explain the concepts of sustainable design:
Georgia College Sustainability Council
Campus Box 047 | Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone 478-445-7379 | Fax 478-445-4009
For more information: email@example.com