Sustainable Funding Initiatives
To explore and obtain funding from outside sources to facilitate and support the economic and environmental sustainability of our institution.
- Identify potential sources for funding to support economic and environmental campus initiatives.
- Share grant opportunities with the Sustainability Council and working groups.
- Obtain a clear picture from all Green Initiative/Sustainability Council working groups of projected key initiatives over the next 3-5 years that would benefit from Grant Funding.
- Hope to have lists of key initiatives with types of projects of interest to working groups by the October Sustainability Council meeting.
- Develop systematic plans for identifying, planning, writing, and submitting proposals that build on the specific interests, needs and priorities of working groups. Work closely with the Office of Grants and Sponsored Projects and working group members to implement and facilitate funded projects. Seek funding project requests from other working groups in order to determine specific projects, priorities and timelines
- Provide updates on the progress of sustainability grant initiatives.
Georgia College has a strong commitment to sustainable practices and responsible use of resources. In this tradition, Georgia College initiated a Student Green Fee in 2010 to fund collaborative research projects between students, staff and faculty with the aim of making the campus more sustainable. As a means of supporting sustainability, Student Green Fee funds can be allocated to fund research and teaching that sustains instructional excellence, serves a diverse student body, and promotes high levels of student achievement. Furthering the GC tradition of Connecting What Matters, the Student Green Fee was designed to draw students, staff and faculty into the process of "greening" our campus by allowing them to submit proposals in the area of sustainability to which they are most committed. This fee allows students, staff and faculty to use the physical campus as a laboratory for developing effective ways to improve the environmental sustainability of our campus.
For more information on the Student Green Fee, please refer to our webpage.
Green Initiative Funding
To supplement the Student Green Fee, the GC Sustainability Council encourages alumni, staff, faculty and friends to support the Green Initiative by soliciting contributions to the University Foundation account #869 (Green Initiative). Tax-deductible donations to the Green Initiative provide essential resources for making Georgia College sustainable.
Georgia College Sustainability Council
Campus Box 047 | Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone 478-445-7379 | Fax 478-445-4009
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org