You're invited to join us for Homecoming 2017! This year's theme is "Bobcat Nation: Center of the Universe" and Homecoming festivities kick-off on Monday, Feb. 13. From Tent City to the parade to announcing the Homecoming Court, there will be a lot of fun and exciting activities for all ages to participate in.
Learn more about the week's events:
8 a.m. Office Decorating Contest begins – participants begin decorating
Details to participate are coming soon!
1 p.m. Paws on a Cause – Centennial Drive
6 p.m. Paws on a Cause – Centennial Lot
7 p.m. SGA Presidential Debate – TBA
10 a.m. Office Decorating Contest (judging)
2 p.m. Office Decorating Contest Winners announced
6 p.m. Residence Hall Spirit Board Contest (RSA) – Ralph H. Norman Clock Tower
8 p.m. Paint U (CAB) – Magnolia Ballroom
6 - 10 p.m. "TRON"-like Laser Tag – Centennial Center
2 p.m. Alumni Registration – TBA
7 p.m. Homecoming Concert (doors open) – Centennial Center
7:30 p.m. Homecoming Concert begins – Centennial Center
Blue and Green Day
8:30 a.m. Bobcat Ramble – The Depot
9 a.m. Tent City opens – Centennial Square
10 a.m. Parade Line-up – Tattnall Street
11 a.m. Homecoming Parade Begins
11 a.m. Tailgating Begins – Centennial Square
12 p.m. WGUR Radio Show (CAB)
2 p.m. Cornhole Tournament (RecSports) – Centennial Square
3:30 p.m. Women’s Basketball vs. Clayton State – Centennial Center
Women’s ½ time: Intro of Duke and Duchess Courts
5:30 p.m. Men’s Basketball vs. Clayton State – Centennial Center
Men’s ½ time: Intro of King and Queen Courts
After Men’s Game:
- Parade Winners
- SGA Election Results
- Georgia College Early College’s King and Queen Intro
- Duke and Duchess Winners
- King and Queen Winners
8 p.m. A Taste of Milledgeville - Front Campus
- Homecoming 2017 general admission + hospitality suite ($5)
- Come home to Milledgeville February 17-18 for Homecoming 2017! Cost for the weekend is $5 and includes access to the alumni hospitality suite in Magnolia Ballroom on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning, Homecoming giveaways, and tickets to both men's and women's basketball games. Registration is available in Magnolia Ballroom from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17 and from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 18. If you are unable to pick up your concert tickets on before 5pm on Friday, please contact the Alumni Office to make other arrangements.
- Homecoming Concert ($10)
- Featuring Family and Friends, Hoodie Allen and X Ambassadors. Due to having a limited number of tickets available, all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Each alum may purchase tickets for themselves and two addition guests (3 tickets total). All guests must be 18+ and accompanied by the alumni who purchased the tickets at all times. Tickets are only available to alumni, and may not be resold to students or other guests.
- Tent City ($5)
- Cost includes food and drink tickets.
- Taste of Milledgeville ($15)
- Come and enjoy some of your Milledgeville favorites on Front Campus during Homecoming 2017! Cost includes samples from all restaurants in attendance as well as two drink tickets. Participating restaurants include Amici's, Metropolis, Buffington's, and MORE! Register through the alumni Homecoming registration page or here.
Registration details are coming soon!
Tickets for the 2017 Homecoming Concert will go on sale on the following dates:
GC Students Only – Monday, January 23
All GC students can purchase one ticket at the student discount rate of $5. Students looking to purchase any additional tickets, can do so beginning on Monday, February 6. Students can purchase additional tickets at a discounted rate of $10 each. Additional discounted tickets are limited to two per person. Any additional tickets purchased after these two will be at the general admission rate.
Alumni - Monday, January 23
A limited number of tickets have been set aside for Alumni members to purchase though the Alumni Office. Tickets will be available for purchase starting Jan. 5, 2017.
For more information for Alumni, visit here.
Faculty and Staff – Monday, February 6
Faculty and staff members can purchase tickets at a discounted rate of $10 each. Discounted tickets are limited to two per person. Any additional tickets purchased after these two will be at the general admission rate.
General Admission – February 6
For all non-GC personnel, tickets can be purchased at the general admission rate of $25 each.
*Due to having a limited number of tickets available, all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
*All tickets can be purchased from the Campus Life Office, room 215 of the Student Activities Center, from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m.
*Tickets will not be sold at the door
This year’s Homecoming Parade will embrace our theme of "Bobcat Nation: Center of the Universe" and will feature intergalactic-themed floats and displays.
The parade will be held Saturday, Feb. 18. Lineup will begin at 10 a.m. on Tattnall Street by The Depot, and the parade will begin promptly at 11 a.m.