Group Health Benefits Plan
The health benefit plans provide an advanced degree of protection by helping you meet your medical expenses. The Blue Open Access Point of Service Plan (formerly known as the PPO Plan) and the HSA Open Access Point of Service Plan (formerly known as the High Deductible Health Plan) are administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGA) and offer major medical coverage, including diagnosis and/or treatment of illness, injury, medical and behavioral health conditions.
The Summary Plan Documents for these health plans are available from the Office of Human Resources and Employee Relations or on-line at http://www.usg.edu/hr/benefits. The monthly premium rates can be found here (pdf).
BCBSGA Value Added Benefits
Free services offered through our health insurance plans include but is not limited to:
- MyHealth Record - This feature allows you to store all of your health records - easily and safely - in one handy spot at http://www.bcbsga.com/bor. Keep track of medical visits, preventive care, claims, medications and more.
- Special Offers - You can get discounts on products an services that help promote better health and well-being. And, there's no extra cost to you. Receive discounts for family and home, fitness and health, medicine and treatment, vision, hearing and dental services and products. Please visit http://www.bcbsga.com/bor and click on the Special Offers link to access these offers.
- Smoking Cessation Program - The BCBSGA Smoking Cessation Program uses standard teaching methods with online tools. Designed by someone who used to smoke, the in-depth 10-session/4-week program is based on solid science about how to change actions and thinking. The program is no charge. To learn more, contact BCBSGA at 800-424-8950.
- 24/7 NurseLine - Ever been up at 3 a.m. with a sick child or your own illness? Then you know that being able to get health information day or night is vital to your peace of mind and well-being. That's why we have nurses that can speak with you about your common health issues around the clock. Call BCBSGA at 800-785-0006 to get support when you need it.
- ConditionCare - If you or a covered family member suffers from an ongoing condition, the BCBSGA ConditionCare program may be able to help improve your health. After all, they've helped thousands of people deal with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, heart failure and coronary artery disease (CAD). By taking part in the program at no extra cost, you or a covered family member can get the tools and facts you need to manage your or your covered family member's symptoms. Call ConditionCare toll-free at 800-785-0006 for more information. With this program, you'll get:
- 24/7 toll-free call(s) to a registered nurse who'll answer your questions and give you the latest facts about your condition.
- A health review and, if needed, a health care worker will meet with you as a follow-up.
- Material that will teach you to avoid health problems as well as how to manage health conditions. You can also learn about making lifestyle choice that can help you feel better and get more out of life.
- MyHealth Coach - Could you use some cheering on to reach your health goals? Many people find that it helps. That's why MyHealth Coach offers to work with you one-on-one to help you to be at your best. Once you've signed up for the program, a health coach will be assigned to you and your family members. The health coach will be your single point of contact. Your health coach can help you learn about your benefits, get care and see how to feel better every day. Whether you want to lose weight or lower your stress, MyHealth Coach has ways to help. If you're about to have surgery, a nurse with MyHealth Coach can help you get ready for the surgery and plan how you will recover. To get started, call 800-785-0006 to speak to a MyHealth Coach.