Study Abroad Overview
“The opportunity to study abroad can be a life changing experience. Not only are students challenged to engage with other people and learn about their cultures, languages and customs – but traveling to other countries allows students to develop skills that will enhance their future employment prospects and enrich their lives. Studying abroad can be a fulfilling part of a well-rounded liberal arts degree and I am hopeful that all Georgia College students will give serious thought to engaging in the opportunity to study abroad at some point in their university experience. So, get your passport and start planning for your opportunity to study abroad!”
– Dr. Steve Dorman, President of Georgia College & State University
• Study almost anywhere in the world
• Receive financial aid and scholarships to assist with the cost
• Earn academic credit in core or major courses
• Study in English or learn a new language
• Gain soft skills such as cross-cultural competence, intercultural communication, flexibility and adaptability that employers value
• Gain a deeper understanding of international, political and economic issues
• Have the biggest adventure of your life!
Join Scott and Liz for an info session in the MSU Commons (the lounge next to Einstein's) Monday - Thursday at 2PM to learn more!