Suggestions on Funding
Here are some helpful hints and links when it comes to funding your education.
- Plan ahead!
- Secure sufficient funds PRIOR to your arrival to the U.S.
- Keep in mind any government imposed restrictions on the release of funds from your country and the amount of time needed to send money to the U.S.
- Contact your government about educational funding sources /scholarships for study abroad
- Contact a EducationUSA Advising Center in your country
- Search the Internet for possible funding sources. Some useful Web sites:
General Information Links on Financial Aid
- International Education Financial Aid
- ISO Student Health Insurance: Scholarships and Grants
- U.S. Department of State
Scholarships through Organizations or Government Programs
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarships
- Georgia Rotary Student Program
- Fellowships through the Organization of American States
- Institute for International Education
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students
- US Student Achievers Program (USAP)