All research involving human subjects conducted at Georgia College or by Georgia College faculty, staff or students must be approved by the Georgia College Institutional Review Board before the research can begin.
To submit a research protocol for review, please visit GC IRB Portal. IRB Portal also contains helpful templates and tutorial videos to help you sail through the review process!
- determine feasible timelines
- distribute information about ethics with human research participants
- determine if your students' projects qualify as research or not,
- determine whether your students' projects qualify for exempt status
- guide students through the submission process on GC IRB Portal
- provide students with sample (inactive) protocols that have been approved
Contacting IRB ahead of time can help speed the review process! Email us today!
Checklist for Submissions (PDF)
Checklist for Submissions (docx)
Project Continuing Review Form (PDF)
Project Closure Form (docx)
Code of Federal Regulations for the Protection of Human Subjects
NIH human ethics training course
IRB-Portal Submission Guide (PDF)
(Please read "Checklist for Submissions" first.)
GC-IRB Portal research submission system
CITI Training Course (to come)
IRB Chair: Tsu-Ming Chiang
Vice Chair: Whitney Heppner