Learning Leads to Impact
The Leadership Certificate Program provides students the opportunity to learn the principles of effective leadership and to acquire hands-on learning experience beyond the classroom.
In the leadership colloquium, students explore the principles of effective leadership and leadership theories. We will bridge the divide between theory and practice, exploring the relationship between leadership and power, authority, and citizenship.
Each semester, Georgia College leadership students complete practica in the community. Students' practica are project-based assignments in which students apply their knowledge of leadership and public policy to solving a problem for an organization or community.
Students who successfully complete the program will receive a certificate at an end-of-the-year recognition ceremony and a medallion to be worn at graduation.
To qualify for application to the Leadership Certificate Program, students must:
- have completed at least thirty credit hours by the anticipated start of their program experience
- hold a minimum GPA of 3.0
- be willing and able to enroll in LEAD 2010, LEAD 2020, and LEAD 2011, during the terms of their participation
- be willing and able to participate in leadership and professional development events and activities across the year of their participation, some of which are scheduled on evenings and on weekends
- maintain good Academic Standing and abide by the GC Honor Code
- submit all required application items
No previous leadership experience is required.
- Returning GC Students: March 1st
- Transfer Students: July 31st
Returning students will be notified of their application status by March 11th. Transfer students will be notified by August 7th.