Legal Affairs Functions
The Office of Legal Affairs functions as more than just the legal representative of Georgia College. The Office of Legal Affairs also provides legal services to the University community. Such services include, but are not limited to:
- Advise, assist, and train administrators, faculty, and staff with respect to legal issues that arise during the course of their employment duties with Georgia College.
- Assist with the development of policies that align with the University’s mission while preserving the legal, ethical, and financial integrity of the University;
- Assist departments with administration and negotiation of all third-party contracts;
- Assist international employees with visa and permanent residency process;
- Manage all Georgia Open Records Requests for Georgia College; and
- Manage the University’s Records Retention Program.
The Office of Legal Affairs webpages contains a variety of resources including information on contract development and management, compliance, immigration, intellectual property, records requests, and records retention.
The people of the Office of Legal Affairs are:
- Marc P. Cardinalli, General Counsel
- Qiana N. Wilson, Associate General Counsel
- Cathy Stevens, Legal Affairs Manager and Immigration Specialist
If a legal issue arises as part of your job at Georgia College, please contact the Office of Legal Affairs as soon as possible. The office is located on the third floor of Parks Hall, in room 305. You can also call 478-445-2037 or send your legal inquiries to email@example.com.
The Office of Legal Affairs serves as Georgia College’s liaison to the Board of Regent's legal staff and the Georgia Attorney General’s office. Please do not contact these offices without consulting the Office of Legal Affairs first.
We cannot provide legal advice or services to students. Likewise, we cannot offer services or advice to faculty or staff regarding their own legal concerns. If you are in need of legal services or advice, you should contact one of the many excellent attorneys who practice in this area. Information regarding the local bar is available through many sources, including martindale.com and lawyers.com. If you are unable to pay for legal services, you may be eligible for assistance through the Georgia Legal Services Program.
Our contact information is:
Office of Legal Affairs
Georgia College & State University
Campus Box 041
Milledgeville, GA 31061