GIL Express allows borrowing of books from any University System of Georgia library. Books ordered through GIL Express usually arrive within 3-4 business days. When materials are processed and ready for pickup, an e-mail is sent to the patron.
How it works
- Search the Georgia College Library Catalog. If the book is not available:
- Connect to Universal Catalog of Georgia and search title or subject.
- Click the desired title to see if book is available at one of the University System of Georgia libraries.
- At the top of the page, click the GIL Express Request link.
- Select home institution from the drop-down menu, supply the Barcode number from the back of your Georgia College ID or the Institution ID (911...), last name and log into account.
- Reenter Barcode or Institution ID.
- Click Submit Request.
- To check status of your request(s), log into My Account from the Georgia College Library Catalog.
Reasons a request may fail.
- The title is available in the Georgia College library
- The title does not circulate.
- The title is checked out, on hold for another patron, or lost/missing
- Patron record is blocked for overdue library materials, fines, or fees. Check My Account.
For assistance, see the Circulation Desk or call (478) 445-4047.