GC Library Guidelines
Library Electronic Classroom Guidelines & Procedures
The primary purpose of the Electronic Classroom is the teaching of bibliographic instruction sessions by Library faculty members.
All Exceptions are subject to approval by the University Librarian in consultation with the Guidelines & Procedures Committee.
- Until such time as a reliable online schedule fully accessible to all instruction participants is found or devised, the schedule for the Electronic Classroom will be kept in a hardcopy calendar at the Reference Desk. No scheduling is to be considered official until the class is logged into the hardcopy schedule; no faculty member has the right to displace another faculty member on the schedule without his/her express permission.
- Classes are scheduled through Jolene Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org or x0989), or by contacting the subject liaison for the academic department. A listing of current liaisons can be found here.
- When not in use for a class, the Electronic Classroom is off-limits to anyone other than library staff & faculty and should remain locked.
- Class instructor responsibilities are :
- ensure that the computers/equipment are on and operable at the beginning of a session
- ensure that the computers/equipment are turned off at the end of a session
- ensure the room is locked before leaving
- Classes or workshops dealing with library instruction are given first priority for use of the Electronic Classroom. The classroom is available for reservation to other campus groups for one time use within 1 week of the event (contact Coordinator of Instruction for reservation details). Campus groups wishing to reserve the room on a regular, ongoing basis must receive prior permission from the University Librarian.
Approved by the Library Guidelines Committee & University Librarian May 24, 2004
Georgia College Library
Campus Box 043
Milledgeville, GA 31061