GC Library Guidelines
Georgia College Library Noise Guideline
Use of all audio-visual devices in the Library, including iPods, personal CD players, radios or computers require the use of headphones. Volume level on the headphones should not be audible to others.
Staff reserves the right to ask persons who are noisy or disruptive to contain or reduce the noise or to leave the Library.
To help facilitate a balanced atmosphere in the Library the following designations apply:
- First floor / Atrium: This is a common meeting area – conversation and interaction amongst groups is welcome.
- Lower level / ITC Labs / Lounge: Low-level conversation is permitted. Group meetings / study in study rooms.
- Second floor / Library:Low-level conversation is permitted in open areas. Video / DVD viewing first priority for study rooms.
- Groups needing to meet are encouraged to use one of the group study rooms on the second and third floor of the library. Group study / meeting is given priority in all study rooms. Doors should be shut because the study rooms are not insulated and excessive noise can be clearly heard by others.
- Video / DVD viewing is given first priority in the study rooms on the second floor of the Library.
- Third floor / Library: Quiet individual / group study in open areas. Group meetings / study in study rooms.
Georgia College Library
Campus Box 043
Milledgeville, GA 31061