Advisory Boards of the Macon Graduate Center
The Macon Graduate Center External Board serves as means to promote awareness about our graduate programs and foster community partner relationships within law enforcement, business, health, education, and administration within Middle Georgia.
Members: Notable community partners and alums
Meetings: As needed. Attendance at Macon Center and community event.
Terms: 3 year staggered
The Macon Graduate Center Advisory Board serves as a means to strategically plan through identifying challenges and opportunities to promote graduate education within the region and to support GC graduate students/faculty/staff within the various programs at the Macon/Warner Robins Center.
This effort will assist the Macon Graduate Center in carrying out the mission of Georgia College in offering select graduate programs to meet work needs and also in promoting graduate education within Macon and the surrounding communities in Central Georgia.
Members include representative from the academic and administrative departments, graduate students, and Macon & Warner Robins community leaders.
2012 - 2015 Members
- Dr. Tom Ormond, Associate Provost, Academic Affairs
- Dr. Kendra Russell, Director, Macon Graduate Center
- Dr. Howard Woodard, Associate CIO, DoIT
- Dr. Jerry Herbel, Professor, Government & Sociology, College of Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Doreen Sams, Associate Professor, Marketing, College of Business
- Lynn Hanson, Director of Graduate Programs in Business, College of Business
- Dr. Brian Mumma, Professor / Graduate Coordinator, Foundations & Secondary Education, College of Education
- Dr. Kathy Stanley, Field Placement Director, College of Education
- Dr. Betta Borrelli, Professor, MAT Coordinator, College of Education
- Dr. Deborah Macmillan, Assistant Professor, Nursing, College of Health Sciences
- Kate Marshall, Graduate Admissions Coordinator, Graduate Admissions
- Jeff Dowdy, Graduate Librarian, Library & Instructional Technology Center
- Parris Story, Facility Manager, Macon Graduate Center
- Alexander Wang, Technical Administrative Assistant, Macon Graduate Center
- Officer Eric Mason, Police Officer, Macon Graduate Center
- Robert "Bobby" Egnor, Zone 3 Maintenance Superintendent, Plant Operations
- Lori Strawder, Asst. Director of Sustainability, Plant Operations
- Brad Lane, Alumni
- Patricia Williams, graduate student, COB
Meetings: Each quarter at the Macon Center.
Terms: 3 year staggered
For more information on the boards, please contact Dr. Kendra Russell, email@example.com, or 478-752-GCSU (4278).