All students (current, entering, first-year, and transfer) who wish to major in mass communication will be classified as pre-mass communication majors. Students will be classified as mass communication majors after applying for acceptance into the major and receiving official acceptance by the faculty.
To be considered for admission to the mass communication major, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- 2.75 cumulative GPA in at least 36 hours of coursework
- Completed a minimum of 36 hours
- Completed and earned a C or better in each of the following courses:
Students wishing to be considered for admission to the mass communication major must complete the application and submit it to the Department of Mass Communication after requirements outlined above have been met.
- Any student who receives more than one grade of D or F in any MSCM course will be ineligible to continue in the major, subject to appeal to the program faculty and the department chair.
- Students who are found guilty of misconduct at any university level, including but not limited to cheating or plagiarism, will not be allowed to remain in the major.
- No more than three journalism and/or mass communication courses totaling 9 hours completed prior to admission to the program may be applied toward requirements for the B.A. in Mass Communication.
- This includes courses taken at Georgia College as well as any taken at other institutions. All courses over three will be placed in excess credit and may only be counted as B.A. electives.