All students must complete core courses while working towards a degree in mass communication.
Students interested in majoring in mass communication must first:
- Complete and earn a C or better in each of the following courses:
Upon completion of these prerequisites, students will then be required to complete and earn a C or better in:
- Four skills courses (12 credit hours)
- Two convergent electives (6 credit hours)
- Mass Media Law (3 credit hours)
- Two Cognate courses (6 credit hours)
- Two practicums
- Senior Career Development (1 credit hours)
- Capstone course (3 credit hours)
- Internship (3 credit hours)
For a detailed outline, including some specific courses in each area, please refer to the Degree Requirements in the Georgia College catalog.
- Any student who receives more than one grade of D or F in any MSCM course will be ineligible to continue in the major, subject to appeal to the program faculty and the department chair.
- Students who are found guilty of misconduct at any university level, including but not limited to cheating or plagiarism, will not be allowed to remain in the major.