All students (current students, entering freshmen, and transfer students) who wish to major in mass communication will be classified as pre-mass communication majors until applying for acceptance into the major and receiving official acceptance by the committee.
Students may apply and will be accepted into the Mass Communication major at any time as long as the following requirements have been met:
- 2.5 GPA
- Completion of at least 36 hours
- Completion with a grade of C or better in all of the following:
- Media Literacy (MSCM 2201)
- Professional Media Writing (MSCM 2205)
- Probability and Statistics (MATH 2600)
- English 1101
- English 1102
- Degree Requirements
- Any student who receives more than one grade of D or F in any MSCM course will be ineligible to continue in the major, subject to appeal to the program faculty and the department chair.
- Students who are found guilty of misconduct at any university level, including but not limited to cheating or plagiarism, will not be allowed to remain in the major.
- No more than three journalism and/or mass communication courses totaling 9 hours completed prior to admission to the program may be applied toward requirements for the B.A. in Mass Communication.
- This includes courses taken at Georgia College as well as any taken at other institutions. All courses over three will be placed in excess credit.
- Students enrolled & coursework completed prior to Fall of 2003 will be counted toward the student's major